Hi and thanks for dropping by. I haven’t updated this site in more than a year but hope to relaunch it before 2017 ends. You can subscribe to my TinyLetter if you like. I’ll send you a short roundup of links and some thoughts every Sunday.
* * *
My name is Deirdre. I used to run a small graphic design studio. Today, I am a user experience–focused interaction designer. I care about words, tech, food, and equality. I try to live sustainably and I like the idea of minimalism as a way of life. Like Roxane Gay, I am a bad feminist.
Books I’ve read in 2016
- Show Your Work – Austin Kleon
- Nicely Said – Nicole Fenton and Kate Kiefer Lee
- Designing Brand Identity – Alina Wheeler
- Lettering & Type – Bruce Willen and Nolen Strals
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
- Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited – Steve Krug
- Kern and Burn: Conversations With Design Entrepreneurs – Tim Hoover and Jessica Karle Heltzel
- HTML5 For Web Designers – Jeremy Keith and Rachel Andrew
- CSS3 For Web Designers – Dan Cederholm
- Responsive Web Design – Ethan Marcotte
- Mobile First – Luke Wroblewski
- Bad Feminist – Roxane Gay
- Responsible Responsive Design – Scott Jehl
- Just Enough Research – Erika Hall
kindling is a log of my learning journey and other observations; a collection of things that stoke my curiosity. I run this site on WordPress, hosted by DigitalOcean.